⇒What is ISO 9001 (Quality Management System)?
The ISO 9001 standard offers a quality system (QMS) model for obtaining and meeting customer requirements and enhancing its satisfaction. It is general and appropriate for all types of organisations. Therefore, companies from both the public and private sectors, including non-governmental organizations can benefit from the ISO 9001 quality management system model; despite being small, medium or large businesses. The instant benefit that can be realized from the implementation of ISO 9001 is the combined alignment of the activities of internal processes that are focused towards the improvement of customer satisfaction which will result in many other reimbursements, whether internal or external. The magnitude of these benefits is determined by how effective the processes are in achieving these targets.
⇒ISO 9001 Objectives?
- Enhance an organization’s ability to satisfy its customers.
- Quality Management System is placed at the very core of business governance.
- Top Management to take accountability for the Management Systems’ effectiveness rather than just being responsible.
- Moving from just being ‘committed’ to demonstrate ‘Leadership’.
- Thanks to the High Level Structure, ISO 9001:2015 can be easily integrated with other management systems (ISO 14001 ISO 45001).
- Proactively identify and manage risks.
- Provide due consideration to the needs and expectations of all relevant interested parties.
- ISO 9001:2015 will better fit all types of companies due to simplified language and less directive requirements.
The creation of a knowledge-database will ensure the effective internal exchange of company-owned knowledge.